How to setup a free AOL email account.
1) Open your web browser of choice and type mail.aol.com into your address bar and press enter.
2) On the right hand side under the Blue “Sign In” button is a link called “Sign up for a free account” click this.
3) AOL will now offer you a screen to allow you to setup your email account. Enter the requested information.
- Your First Name.
- Middle Initial (optional).
- Your Last Name.
- Pick a User Name – this will be your actual email account e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org. If your chosen username is not available AOL will offer you some similar alternatives, you are not obligated to choose one of these, you can start again if you wish.
- Enter your password of choice, see our recent post on creating a secure password.
- Renter your password to confirm.
4) Click Next.
5) AOL will now ask for some more information
- Data of Birth
- Your Gender
- Your Zip Code (Post code)
- Select a security Question. – This is used to help prove your identity in the future or if you forget your password.
- Enter a answer to the above question.
- Mobile Phone Number (optional). – This is used to help prove your identity in the future or if you forget your password.
- Alternate Email (optional). – This is used to help prove your identity in the future or if you forget your password.
6) Click Next.
7) AOL will now ask you to prove you are not an automated robot by entering the characters you can see in the box provided.
8) When you are happy click “Sign Up” – by clicking this button you are agreeing to their terms and conditions.
9) AOL will now display a Congratulations screen showing you your username and also your security question and its answer. AOL will also offer you the chance to download its browser tool bar. This is optional, to turn it down unselect the tick box.
10) That’s it AOL will now take you to its main webmail interface.
To send your first email click on the email icon at the top left hand side under the AOL Logo.
- Type the recipients email in the To: box
- Type your messages subject in the Subject: box
- Type the main body of email in the large box underneath
- When you are happy click the send envelope icon located just above the To: box.
That’s it you have successfully created a AOL free Email account and sent your first email.
AOL and all images are the property and copy write of AOL.
If you would like us to help you set up an email account for you or if you want a more professional business email account please contact us.
Written by Jon Pack+