How to setup a Business Ebay Account
These instructions are only for setting up an Ebay business account, if you are not planning on running a business you should setup a standard Ebay account.
Goto ebay.co.uk or ebay.com or whichever derivative is suitable for your country.
At the top left of the screen you will see “hi! Sign in or Register“– click register.
Ebay will now present you a form to fill in; you will need to enter the following information;
- Business Name (Your registered name, this does not have to be the same as your username).
- Business type (Manufacturer, Realtor, Charity, Wholesaler or Distributor, Broker/Jobber/Marker Trader/Dealer, Car Dealer, Other).
- Salutation (Mr,Mrs,Miss,Ms).
- First name.
- Street address.
- Post Code.
- Primary telephone number.
- Secondary telephone number (optional).
- Email address.
- Confirm Email address.
Click Continue, Ebay will then offer you a second form.
- Choose your companies Ebay user Id (this is what you will sign in with and buyers will see).
- Choose your Password.
- Confirm your Password.
- Choose a secret question (e.g. your first school).
- Your secret answer (the answer to the secret question you selected).
Ebay will now want to confirm your identity by phone, Ebay will phone you and provide a 4 digit code, and you will need to enter this in the box provided.
That’s it your account is now basically setup and ready to go.
On the congratulations screen click the setup business seller information click and fill in your company details e.g. company registration number – all this is optional but recommended.
To add your Company logo – go to the top left of the page, look for hi! “your user name” hover your mouse icon over your user name. A box will now appear offering various options; you will see a dummy square logo, click it. Ebay will now offer you a selection of default logos you can choose from or you can upload your own.
To upload your own logo click the first circle button then click browse and look for the image on your computer (it needs to be 150 *150) then click open.
When you are happy scroll to the bottom and click save.
Good luck on your selling.
If you would like us to help you set up an Ebay account for you or if you want to learn how to get the most from it please visit our Ebay Support page or contact us.
Written by Jon Pack+